Tuesday 8 August 2017

HANGING BASKETS IN JULY


Yes I know it is August now but these were July photos and as with most things in my life I am running behind. Where does the time go? 


This years surfinia petunias were chosen in darkish shades of purple and red with pale fuschia and mixed geraniums and blue trailing lobellia they have worked very well so I must consider that for future years.


It is difficult to see where the hanging basket stops trailing and the geraniums growing below stop flowering.



I have chosen Surfinia petunias for several years now because they are by far the best performers for flowering and they also perform better with a weekly feed as well as daily watering if not twice daily on really hot days.




One of the baskets that adorn the gate posts  these are always much admired by passing pedestrians especially when their dogs stop for a drink.



This one in the back garden from the washing line post.




A close up look because the camera doesn't always do the flowers justice especially in my hands.


Lovely fuschia in the baskets by the front door so a close up look as you pass by.



 There is an unusual petunia at the back pale pink due to the lack of choices at the garden center but I probably wouldn't choose them again.


I was given four troughs with paler colour combinations to look after from my daughter so not quite the same colour combinations as I chose but very pretty and add to the variety.




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Joanne. Do you participate in any open garden schemes?

    ReplyDelete