Sunday 11 June 2017

EARLY JUNE IN THE GARDEN


I have been trying to sort out settings because previous photos when enlarged lost clarity so this post is on original size and very much better definition. The down side being that to see all the photo on the landscape ones then you need to click on the image.


Just to remind you this is the vegetable area in my rose garden.


















Experiments taking cuttings.


These seem to have taken fingers crossed for success.


Someone on a garden Facebook group Friendly Gardeners was saying that willow shoots in water helped cuttings to root so I tried a number. Of course most of above roots are willow.


But here is a root from the Coronilla glauca 'Citrina'  I don't have a photo of mine in flower but click on the name for a link to Thompson and Morgan.Interesting that it was the newer growth not the hard wood that rooted. I must take some more cuttings.


This lovely archway is in my neighbour's garden. It is so nice to have neighbours who share your love of gardening and it is such a delightful garden.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your beautiful garden. So much to see and enjoy.

    Happy Summer to you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all just beautiful Joanne. No wonder we love it so. Happy Summer.~~Dee

    ReplyDelete