Tuesday 31 May 2016

LABURNUM HEAVEN



Yes it is that time of year to enjoy the lovely Laburnum


A very close look showing just one of the dozens of bees enjoying the sweet pollen, no shortages of bees in my garden.


The front garden is a bit of a pick and mix with a few remaining wallflowers.


House leeks on the roof to ward off evil spirits! Clematis Elsa Spath grows up a Guernsey cream jasmine which in turn grows up a Rosa Banksiae Banksiae. Just a few white flowers remain on this rose which was a cutting from my original growing up the back of the house.


Another glimpse of the Laburnum with white Winchester Cathedral rose,  Aconitum and geranium.
http://www.davidaustinroses.co.uk/winchester-cathedral


I love these Byzantine Gladioli they have flowered in this situation for many years and every year I promise myself I will buy some more and then forget to do so until they flower again. I have since weeded this bed but never photo and weed in the right order. The rose is Jayne Austin http://www.davidaustinroses.co.uk/jayne-austin


Sopie's rose which I think must be this one http://www.davidaustinroses.co.uk/sophie-s-perpetual


Bearded Iris name unknown but riddled with ground elder so surprising they are flowering because they like their tubers exposed and dry.


Baby Catalpa tree in a pot, grown from a seed, just something to play with because there will never be room for this to grow into a mature tree in this garden


One of my favourite Cistus, I lost the original plant years ago that had made a large bush but had thankfully taken cuttings and cuttings of cuttings which are shared with family and friends. This is however a very slow growing Cistus.


A few pots to fill a small space of concrete next to the drive. The Hostas were grown from seed from my Dad's Hosta the Bay and the Box were grown from cuttings.


A collection of rather straggly pelargoniums which will no doubt fill out now they are outside.

6 comments:

  1. Thank-you so much for sharing your knowledge and garden, I will enjoy watching for week to week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie. I am afraid I post rather erratically on my garden blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful laburnum. You have so many lovely blooms.

    Happy Gardening ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous garden blooms with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laurel I am so pleased you enjoyed my garden. It is quite a change from the view you have from your window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The iris looks like Jane Phillips. Lovely photos.,xx

    ReplyDelete